Hanalei Swan: You Can Be Unstoppable
• Not letting your current circumstance or situation define or dictate you
• How to rise above challenging situations
• The power of forgiveness (especially when we don’t want to)
• Conscious parenting from the parents perspective AND the child’s perspective (so powerful!)
• Releasing attachment to external things
• The power of NOW
About Hanalei Swan
For her, it all started when her mom asked her what she wants to be now (instead of what she wants to be when she grows up). In that, she realized the power of now and as she says “age has no boundaries”.
The intention of her conscious clothing company is to save the planet one piece of clothing at a time. She says that we must think for the earth before we think for ourselves.
• It takes 750 gallons of water to create a single cotton T-shirt
• Only 1% of water on this earth is drinking water
Rising Above Circumstance
This happened with Brian and Rhonda Swan. They share their story of when they hit their rock bottom and lost everything they had worked for just two weeks after Hanalei was born. Brian and Rhonda share everything they went through and their big turning point moment.
Rhonda realized that they must be bigger than their circumstances. As she so beautifully said, “we are not the circumstances we are standing in.”
Power of Forgivenesss
• Ask your children questions vs telling them what to do.
• Don’t project your beliefs and preferences on your kids, let them decide for themselves by asking them questions.
• Let your children decide what they want to do and make sure they understand why they are choosing that.
Oh and don’t “should” on your children! Hanalei explains how many parents tell their children what they should do, where they should go, what they should eat, etc. Instead, give them the freedom to choose. This empowers them and sets them up to feel capable of making decisions on their own. Some quick tips from the wise Hanalei Swan:
WARNING: If family is important to you, you MAY tear up and maybe even cry during this episode. It is very touching.
You can watch the full video version of the episode here: